Tuesday, October 26, 2010

maybe THE greatest moment..

...of my life.  well.. besides the day my precious daughter was born when i was 22.  and the day i met the love of my life when i was 27.  or our wedding day at 28.  or when my amazing little boy was born at the ripe old age of 29.  ok.. so there have been lots of amazing moments.  maybe i should say the greatest moment of 30s?  thats justifiable.  =)

after much debate.. last friday night KP and i accepted invitations from two different friends to attend game 6 of the ALCS playoff series.  our little Rangers vs THE ny yankees.  we were up 3 games to 2 in the series.. but winning meant moving on to the world series and not a real possibility.  and then theres the fact that theyve lost every. single. game. weve been too all season. =(  but the thought of them actually winning and having a chance to witness it in person seemed to good of a thing to pass up.  so we went.  i rode with my brother and sister-in-law to meet up with my friends.  and kp met us at the ballpark to meet up with my brother and sister-in-law.  the three of them sat in the CBS11 suite.  and i sat with my good friend kelsey.. who is the niece of the late George Steinbrenner, right behind third base. =)  of course cell reception was limited.. actually, its fair to say nonexistent.. so getting back together after we went our separate ways was just shy of impossible.  the absolute only thing that couldve made the moment that aRod swung that last strike and we claimed victory any sweeter is if we were all together.. but looking back the moment was amazing no matter what and i wouldnt change being THERE for anything in the world.  thank you Kelsey!

the view from my seats..

No comments: