Wednesday, March 7, 2007

happy birthday to sam...

Something has got me thinking the last few days.. About guys. How is it that they are capable of creating incredible friendships around nights they can barely remember? My husband has amazing, unconditional, non-judgemental, lasting friendships with about a gazillion people. I know what you are thinking...its the fraternity bond..but thats not it. These gazillion people are all very different ~ childhood friends, college buddies, friends of friends, co-workers... the list goes on and on. It would have to to get to a gazillion, huh? Although he is a great guy ~ handsome, charming, outgoing.. I dont really think its completely about him. Theres something to be said about the 'guy quality' of being able to look at the big picture. Not getting our feelings hurt by things that really aren't even about us. Not sweating the small stuff, ya know. All of this came to me last night. Kyle's friend Tom...whom Ive probably hung out with a handful of times over the last 3 years...who has actually never been to our house..never met our little boy...might not even recognize me on the street with out Kyle...has given us the most incredible gift. A gift that cannot be topped. And why? Cause he loves Kyle. Craziness. And tonight Kyle is hanging out with Sam for his birthday. Hasnt seen him or hung out in months.. Does that matter? Nope. Cause Kyle loves Sam. And he couldnt imagine things any differently. Why is that guys don't grow apart? Funny, I told Kyle just a few days ago that Im out on making new friends. Too much work and chance of getting hurt. Dont get me wrong. I have some great friends that I would do anything for and vice versa, but I can count them on one hand. If Kyle had given up on making new friendships work at a handful..our life would be pretty boring here in the big D. So happy birthday Sammy B. I hope you have a great week/weekend celebrating with all the guys. You all deserve a huge pat on the back for being unconditionally good to each other. Just something to think about...

No comments: